Why emails land in Spam box
There are a number of different factor which causes emails to land into the spam folder. Lets look at some of the most prominent reasons behind it
- Make sure that you have permission/authorization to send email to contacts you are incorporating in email marketing campaign. Do not buy the list of email addresses to use in you email marketing campaign as it can put you on risk of violating the CAN-SPAM Act.
- Low engagement rate can also lead emails to be flagged as a junk mail. Make sure that you know your target audience better, so that that engagement rate can be increased and the risk of email landing in the spam folder can be avoided.
- Ensure that you IP Address is not being used to send junk mails. Your IP address can be listed as a spam IP, if spam emails were sent in the past. Furthermore, if you are using email marketing services and their servers are marked as spam, then it can also affect your email campaign.
- All your email subscribers should remember you. If they do not remember you then the possibility of them marking your emails as spam increases. Every time your email is marked as spam, the mailbox provider records it and exceeding a certain threshold can land your email campaigns in spam folder
- Image to text ratio also plays a vital role in email campaigns. An email campaign with a bad image to text ratio is also marked as spam by the spam filters.
- Avoid using Spammy words in the emails, as the spam filters detects them easily and flag your emails as spam
How to make your emails avoid the junk box
- Get permission before sending the email campaigns to the recipients
- Avoid spammy words and lines at all cost
- Make sure to use the appropriate subject line
- Engage your subscribers through emails regularly, so they remember you
- Always add the unsubscribe to email link into the email
- Increase engagement rate with the clients through emails
- Incorporate proper image to text ration in email content
Send out marketing email campaigns though your VTiger CRM system using Email Marketing Automation