The mobile phone is an invention which changed the face of communication process, it became an integral part of routine life and it is used by millions of people for interacting with each other around the globe. Mobile phones eliminate the concept of location and distance from the communication process. The invention of Smartphones completely changed the face of the game, the features smartphones offer very diverse yet very effective. You can check and reply to the emails using smartphones, you can even attach files and send them. You can also use applications like WhatsApp Viber to send files and photographs. In short, the usage of the mobile phone became very extensive with the emergence of smartphones.
The efficiency of mobile phones is not limited to the casual use only, it is one of the most potent tools when it comes to its usage in the business environment. When we look at business organization, we can observe that people use mobile phones to interact with their colleagues, staff, business partners, buyers, suppliers etc. It is a very valuable tool which can help business firms beyond the boundaries of making calls only. When it comes to the current business environment, with the advancement in technology mobile phones are taking over desktop PC. You can access all kinds of services like email, organizing apps, and calendar and internet access on your mobile phones which make them a more suitable device for business purposes.
VTiger 7 and Twilio Integration
To help your business exploit the opportunities offered by mobile phones VTiger 7 introduces integration with Twilio. It is used to automate the process of making and receiving a call, not only calls but you can also automate the process of sending and receiving text messages. It uses a cloud computing host which makes it even more lucrative. The technology it uses to automate the system is Amazon Web Services which carries out the process of decoding and encoding communication between HTTP and PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network). Twilio is an admirer of open source software concept and not only supports it, but also make a contribution in expanding this concept.
VTiger 7 and Twilio integration helps in managing the process of communication, especially phone calls and text messages between your business and its stockholders e.g. suppliers, buyers, distributors, customers etc.
Insights Regarding VTiger 7 CRM and Twilio Integration
To expand the frame of opportunities available to your business, you must use the combo of Twilio and VTiger 7 CRM. Now I will discuss some of the most useful features of VTiger 7 and Twilio integration
- Install: Go to VTiger 7 Menu and then locate and press Extensions. Once the Extension tab is open, search Phone Calls and install it. After installing this module open it and locate and click on Edit option, then select Twilio and press Save Button.
- Phone Call Configurations: To configure your settings regarding automated phone calls keep following points in mind
- Gateway: Use Gateway drop-down menu to choose Twilio as the service you are going to use is Twilio
- Auth ID and Auth Token: Use the information provided by Twilio to fill these two fields
- Welcome Message Type: this option lets you choose how you want to greet the person when he or she starts communicating with you. Two options are available in this regard. First one is welcome through a message, if you use this option, then you have to set up a verbal message which will be played every time a call is started. The second option that is available for welcoming callers is URL option, using this option you can welcome caller using text message or URL (file path)
- Recording: The reason for this feature is to record the calls for administrating purposes. If you do not want to record call then just simply select NO in drop down menu.
- Twilio Number: In this field, paste the number that is allotted to you by Twilio, this number will be displayed when calls are made using VTiger 7 and Twilio integration feature.
Example to Illustrate Effectiveness of this Feature
Shopline4u is an online store which sells a huge range of merchandise ranging from sportswear to tech gadgets. The firm’s owner wants to further improve operations and for that purpose he wants to collect valuable feedback from the customers they served. So, he started a new practice in firm. Whenever a delivery is made after two days they call the customer and obtain feedback about different aspects like delivery timing, professionalism of the staff, state in which product was delivered etc. On daily basis this online store caters more than 600 customers and manually calling 600 hundred clients manually is near to impossible. To tackle this problem they used VTiger 7 and Twilio integration, using it they make automated calls to the customers and collect their valuable information. A question is asked then customer use different digits to record different type of predefined responses, it helped them to improve their business operations by identify flaws and make suitable adjustments.