Competition in the current business era is so intense that you cannot achieve greatness by only working hard, you have to Work Smart! Perform business related tasks in a smarter way in comparison to firms that are competing with you. For example, mason does one of the most difficult jobs on the planet, but does he get the wages in accordance with the hard work he is putting in? The answer is a big NO! Although the amount of money he is earning also depends on the factors like education, opportunities etc., but, as far as we are concerned with the hard work, only mason is not very fortunate, even putting so much hard work he hardly manages to make living out of it.
“Working hard and working smart sometimes can be two different things”
– Byron Dorgan
Same is the case with business practices, only working hard cannot yield the desired results. To take a competitive edge on your rivals you have to work smart. For example, minimizing physical efforts and replacing them with creative strategies to get a task done. Many different tools are invented which facilitates the execution of work in a smarter manner. A very common example of it is CRM, which automates most of your tasks and results in more productivity while keeping expenses to the minimal level.
VTiger 7 Gantt Chart Tool
VTiger 7 knows how to make the lives of its valued customers easy and which tools can yield great benefits for them. One of such tools is Gantt chart! It is one of the most widely technique used in project management. What actually Gantt charts does is it shows the time period taken by different activities performed by business firms. Different activities are represented in different bars, the point from where the bar starts indicate the starting point or starting date and the ending of the bar depicts the end date of the activity. The Gantt chart is one of the most commonly used tools in present business culture, as it facilitates firms in scheduling different tasks and estimate deadlines before starting the real-time activities involved in a project.
Benefits of Using Gantt Charts
Without a doubt, Gantt chart is a feature which has multiple uses and VTiger 7 CRM understands this quite well. Reasons for incorporating Gantt Charts in VTiger 7 are benefits which Gantt chart brings along with it. We bring few of them into your attention:
- Ease of Communication: Either if you have to report to your superiors or tell about the developments of the current project to the stakeholders, the Gantt chart is an effective tool in carrying out both modes of communication. As it is very precise and easy to understand, it helps in making your communication process better.
- Visual Explanation: Things that are explained using visuals makes more sense and can be understood easily. Gantt charts show the time period using pictorial diagrams which are stress-free and can be recalled over a longer period of time.
- Reduce Complexity: The number of business operations a business firm is performing can reach hundred and even thousands in some cases. Using a Gantt chart, you can map all of them on a single page which results in reducing their complexity to understand and provide a more vivid view of the tasks.
- Enhanced Accountability: Using Gantt charts it is not hard to determine that which phases are causing delays in the overall completion of the work. Using it you can measure the performance of different teams working on different segments and can call them to report the reasons for the delay. Or in another case you can praise the teams which are completing their tasks in the assigned time frame.
Insights regarding VTiger 7’s Gantt Chart feature
To activate this feature, go to Project Management app > Project Module > Record view > Gantt chart. To produce an effective Gantt chart, keep the following points under consideration:
- Mark the starting and the ending date of the whole process, use the Edit option in Gantt chart to change the starting and the ending dates
- Different colors represent different statuses of the activities which are performed under the umbrella of one single process. Like the blue color represents “Open”, yellow represents “In progress”, green represents “Completed”, Orange represents “Deferred”, and purple for “Cancel”
- If you want to get the hard copy of the Gantt chart, simply click on the print button
- You can also organize the records which are going to be displayed on the Gantt chart according to your will
The Gantt chart is a tool using which you can make work procedures smarter and effective at the same time. Take benefit of this brilliant tool offered by VTiger 7 CRM without any delay and open doors of new opportunities for your business firm.