By Default vTiger has a filter “All” which contains the commonly used fields, however sometimes those fields are not enough and it would be nice to include other fields into “All” filter. Unfortunately, you can not edit “All” filter using the user interface, however there’s a work around.
In order to specify the columns we always want to see, we will have to create a custom filter and set it as public & default. I will explain how to do that for Contact module – you can follow the same procedure for any standard or custom vTiger module.
- Go to Contact List
- Click “Create Filter”
- Enter “View Name” which is a filter name
- Check “Set as Default” – when checked – it will always open this filter as default
- Check “Set as Public” – filter will be public and other user will be able to use it as well
- Choose Columns you want to see on the list. Note, some of the fields are mandatory and have to be included in the filter
- Save the filter
- Confirm the filter and hit “Approve“
Once the filter is approved it will always open up as a default. Note, that the first filter field will be default “Search for” field.