Out of the box vTiger does not allow users to configure the “Select Popup” columns using the interface. The work around requires some knowledge of vTiger database structure and basic php skill. The “Select Popup” is a popup which shows up when you click “Select Products” or “Select Services” or when you click on any “Select” button on the system.
Note, once you change the columns for one module – the same columns will be displayed system wide. For example, if you change “Product” columns – every time you “Select Product” – customized columns will show up.
The procedure below describes how to add “Product Category” to the “Select Popup” in vTiger.
- Go to “/vtigercrm/modules/Products“
- Open “Products.php” with your favorite text editor
- Find the function “$list_fields” and add the desired field label, table and field name. Again, this requires some knowledge of database and php, but you should be able to figure out just looking at the screenshots below.
- Find the function “$list_fields_name” and add the desired field label and field name.
- Find function “$search_fields” and add the desired field label, table and field name. Note, this will add this field to “Search Fields”. you can exclude it if you don’t need that.
- Save the file.
Try to “Select Product” and you will see that the “Product Category” is one of the columns in the in the popup as well as it shows up in the “Search Fields”.
You can use the same procedure to change any other “Select Popups” such as Contacts, Accounts, Trouble Tickets, Service Contracts, Opportunities, etc… The only thing that will be different is the directory of the module and the field related information.