Only those firms perform exceptionally well in this tough business environment which make great use of management hierarchy. Hierarchy also identifies the working boundaries and jurisdictions of people working in an organization. Within a firm, every bit of information is not exposed to all the members of the firm. The reasons behind this approach are varied greatly. Some firms follow the previously mentioned approach for privacy issues and some implement it with an aim not to overburden its staff members with excessive information.
For example, the information regarding the financial of a firm is related to the accounts department only, so such information is exposed only to human resource related to the accounts department or the top management. This information will not be made available to the sales reps because they have nothing to do with. There is no need to make sales reps aware of the fact that how much a company is investing upon inbound logistics.
Profiles in VTiger 7 vs Ordinary CRM
CRM works on the real life business principles, so the need for working boundaries are dire in CRM also. What will happen if a user starts to run across the whole CRM accessing all the records editing and changing records? Well, it is a nightmare for the business firms. To tackle this problem, VTiger 7 introduced the improved feature of the Profile, keeping the security aspect of the database in the account. VTiger 7’s profile feature helps in controlling the flow of information among the human resource of an organization. Allow access to the concerned area of operation and avoid overburdening your employees while keeping the security of data at the highest priority. Setting profiles in VTiger 7 is a piece of cake, but do not underestimate the power of this simple feature. As VTiger 7 designed while keeping every usage characteristic under consideration.
Some of the most Prominent Features of VTiger 7’s “Profiles”
– While creating the profile for a user in VTiger 7 CRM, the information that should be provided at hand includes Profile name (which signifies the person for which the profile is created) and description (which signifies the working area and position in organizational hierarchy)
– Then you have to address the issue that which privileges should be granted to the profile created previously. This can be done by using carefully designed grouped table.
– The working of privileges is very simple yet effective. As told earlier, a table is used for this purpose. The things that need to be configured are as follow:
- Modules, that you want to make accessible to the profile like dashboards, opportunities, contacts etc.
- View, which permits profile to read information from a module.
- Create/Edit allows a profile to create new content in a module or make changes in the previously created record.
- Delete give the privilege to the profile to completely delete a record.
(Note: Just use the checkbox to mark or unmark the desired field. Usage of checkbox reduced the complexity of the overall process.)
Revolutionize your business operations using VTiger 7 profile feature without compromising the integrity of the data.