Doesn’t matter if your business is a corporate or an association, as long as it’s a business, you will receive emails. The number, however, increases with value of the company. You can hire a large team to manually categorize the collected emails and then perform the appropriate actions. Yes that’s one way to do so. Or you can program Vtiger 7’s Mailroom hallmark to save the hassle.
There are a lot of ways in which Mailroom can be configured to respond. A new case, lead, or opportunity, can be created from a received email in Mailroom. If none of these actions are required, the email can be forwarded as it is to the contact’s history.
Ability to Create Unlimited Virtual Addresses
You can create virtual email addresses as many as you need. Just follow these simple steps:
- Add a ‘+’ to the username
- Provide a suffix e.g., ‘+support’
- Like if a case is meant to be created, progress the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then configure the actions as you see best.
Mailbox for Every Record
Every Contact, Lead, Organization, Case, and Opportunity can be granted a dedicated Mailbox via Mailroom in Vtiger 7. So finding and sorting emails from a specific sender is no longer a hurdle. For example, to attach emails to record #345, send an email to email@example.com.
How does Mailroom work?
If you own a business, you will have your own Mailroom address. So the emails can be referred to it directly. Like a company named Kasi Commercials may get an address like firstname.lastname@example.org
What further actions are required to be taken when an email is received can be programmed via Mailroom panel by administrator. The received email is picked up in 2 minutes time by Mailroom which executes the action as it is set to.
Everything to Know about Vtiger 7’s Mailroom
Yes Mailroom is a complicated tool. This guide will get you through Mailroom features with step by step configurations illuminated.
Activating the Mailroom
First things first; it is vital to switch on the Mailroom before you can profit any of the benefits. This can be accomplished by few simple steps:
- First of all, click the Menuicon and go to the Settings
- Click on the Automation
- Press the Mailroom button
- Open the Mailroom.
- Now go to any of the options i.e., See your forwarded emails or See Default Actions. You will be redirected to the main page of Mailroom, where all of the Emails and performable Actions will be exhibited.
Systemizing the Auto-Forwarding
Emails from all of the top services can be progressed to Vtiger 7’s Mailroom. However, the modus operandi differs from one service to another.
Like to configure auto-forward from Gmail to Mailroom:
- In the settings of Gmail, go to the Forwarding and POP/Imap
- Then click on Add a Forwarding Address button
- Enter your Mailroom address in the pop-up and click Next.
- A verification code will be sent to your Mailroom. Go to the See your Forwarded Emails section in Mailroom.
- Copy/Paste the code in the verification box and press the Verify
And you’re good to go. Emails from then-on will be received in your Vtiger Mailroom.
Other top providers can also be configured including Hotmail, Yahoo, Yandex, and Outlook. The configuration process is slightly different for each of them. Click on the service you want to setup in the list below:
Email Providers and How to Set Them Up
Putting Default Actions into Service to Create Lead, Case & more
These default actions in Vtiger 7 come with the package:
|Default Action||Forwarding Email Address|
|To archive email@example.com|
|To create/update firstname.lastname@example.org|
|To create email@example.com|
|To create firstname.lastname@example.org|
|To create email@example.com|
|To create firstname.lastname@example.org|
Example: To archive emails, just forward email to email@example.com
Deploying New Actions
Along with the default actions available at the beginning, more actions can be added to be triggered once an email is arrived. Following points explain the step by step configuration:
Clicking the +Add New Action button on top right will open up this box:
It is divided into two sections; Criteria and Action. If you’re looking to add conditions, use the Criteria section. Then select the appropriate Action for the rule.
- Create/Update Cases: This action will start a new case or ticket when an email is received from a contact. If the email is in response to an already running case, it will update that specific case.
- Create Opportunities: Receiving an email from a contact will set off a signal to build a new Opportunity. The existing Opportunity will be updated if the collected email was sent in response to your email from an Opportunity record.
- Archive Email: The email will be attached to an existing record of Contact/Lead/Organization/Opportunity/Cases, if “From email” and primary email of a record are same. If no record is found matching “From email”, the email will be attached to the record of “To email address”. There might be a case when both “From Email” and “To Email” won’t be existed. The email will be skipped in that situation.
- Create Leads: By default a new Lead will only be created if the sender of the email is not found in the Vtiger database. If a new email is received from an existing email address, the corresponding Lead record will automatically upgraded with that email. However, Vtiger 7 provides you with the option of Body Rule, which enables the development of new Lead for the emails of the same sender.
- Create Contact & Create Organization: The rules for this action are same to those of Leads.
- Create Other Record: Make a record in any element module in Vtiger utilizing Mailroom with the subtle elements of the email contents.
- Click on the Save button to apply the changes.
Application of Body Rule
Understanding the Body Rule is quite simple, yet it is one of the most effective tools of Mailroom. It facilitates the extraction and submission of important values from the email to record.
Consider a company that sends you Leads through same email address, but the provided information in the email body differs in every email. Utilizing the Body Rule, the values in every email can be directed to fashion a new logbook and an original Lead.
To enable the Body Rule, check mark the Autofill values from Email body box. On the off chance that you have test content of an email with specific numbers, you can duplicate and Sample body Text. It will allow Vtiger 7 to pick up fields from the Body and guide them to fields in the database.
A Delimiter is a separator that will distinct the values from labels in the email body. An illustration of the whole system will make it easy to understand:
In the following sample email body, the delimiter is colon “:”
Company name: Applibase
Contact first name: John
Contact last name: Smith
Job title: President & CEO
Best Phone: 213-344-4234
Type Phone: Cell
Address: P.O. Box 54545
City: Newport Beach
Note! Mailroom supports attachments to a record with a maximum of 10MB data.
Checking Emails Sent to Mailroom
In a Mailroom page, press the Show Emails button in the top right corner. All of the emails sent to the section will be displayed.