The seem-to-be-simple front end activity of custom field’s data conversion of important modules like Lead and Opportunity does have some backend mapping going on. While the data of default fields of Vtiger 7’s modules is received in the relevant sections, the CRM comes with the flexibility to customize the mapping of the custom fields in Lead and Opportunity modules.
Lead Conversion Data Mapping
Once a Lead is qualified and converted, the data obtained in a custom field in the records can be automatically transferred to Contact, Organization, and Opportunity databases. This foolproof system of Vtiger 7 smoothly operates data management, and avoids any potential loss.
Note! Modification or mapping is only allowed for custom fields.
You have to: Map the custom fields manually.
You don’t have to: Map the standard fields.
You can: Map the Lead’s custom fields to Contacts, Organizations, and Opportunities.
You can’t: Map the auto-generated fields like “Time Created”, “Modified Time”, or “Lead Number”.
Establishing Custom Field Mapping
It’s easier done than said. These very simple steps will lead you to edit or map the custom fields:
- Start by clicking on the Menu icon
- Select Leads under Marketing
- Then press the Customize button in the top right corner
- Click on the Lead Conversion Data Mapping and then Edit button to begin
- The Add Mapping button on the bottom left will create a new pathway, configuring which you can add a custom field mapping to the module.
- Select the source field and map it to the target field accordingly.
- Finally Save your changes to be shown in the CRM.
Opportunity to Project Mapping
Mapping custom fields of Opportunity to Project in Vtiger 7 lets you automatically transfer the field values to the chosen target fields.
There are several standard fields in the CRM that are pre-mapped
|Field Label||Field Type||Mapping with Project Modules|
|Opportunity Name||String||Project Name|
|Organization Name||Reference||Related To|
|Expected Close Date||Date||Target End Date|
Mapping Opportunity’s Custom Fields
The protocol for editing the current fields or mapping the custom fields is explained below:
- First of all, click the Menu button and then Settings
- In settings, select Marketing & Sales
- Then click the Opportunity to Project Mapping button
- The Add Mapping button at the bottom will add a new set of fields (placeholders). Configure with the help of dropdowns.
- Finally, select the source field and reroute it to the target field accordingly and press Save.