A group of different departments works together on a single client in order to yield profit. In order to make a valued client happy, right from the start when the process of initiating the customer takes place to the provision of after sales service to the client a number of different people who belong to different departments put their endless efforts. Out of all the departments (sales, marketing, human resource, accounts etc), Sales is the department who needs special care as they carry the most burden in whole process of satisfying the customer. Managing this department is a job which requires extensive efforts and deep insights regarding the performance of the whole team. Sales rep is the unit of this department and they play one of the most important role and that is engaging the customer and providing them with what they need.
You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise.
– Patricia Fripp
When we talk about managing the sales department and teams, tracking their performance is of significant importance but sometime became very troublesome. With the changing business trends an efficient sales team is the need of the hour and without it business cannot even survive. The key in managing sales teams is to identify the areas where wastage of time is taking place and pointing out phases where your firm is putting extra effort. On the paper, it seems to be a very simple task which does not require much of an effort, but in practical it is very troublesome and cause huge investment, both in terms of human and financial resource yet fail to provide the anticipated results.
VTiger 7s Sales Insight Feature
Sales insight is a feature using which you can take a glimpse in your future and can change the practices which are acting as a hurdle in your firm’s progression. It is a tool with extensive uses and using it you can monitor each and every activity right from your desktop and make future plans accordingly. The major focus of the tool is to smooth line your sales operations and highlight every flaw in sales pipeline, so that you can take actions accordingly. Some of the major features of this tool are discussed below
- Activity Count: Using this feature you can identify that which activity is seeking the most attention from the sales team. As sales process is comprised of different phases and in these phases sales team has to perform one or more activities, so using this tool you can determine the activity which requires the most input. Using this data you can tweak that activity to make it less effort consuming without hurting the quality of output
- Activity Efficiency: Using this tool you can determine the output to input ratio of an activity, in simple words you can evaluate the output in return of the input you are offering. The activities whose efficiency is not up to the mark would be redesigned in order to produce better results as compared to the past.
- Pipeline activity: this feature helps in managing the valued customer in a better manner, every business firm has some customer which require special treatment and the best treatment is better interaction between the client and firms representative. Using this tool you can take a brief look on how frequent the interactions between client and firm’s representative are taking place. You can manage the number of interactions according to the value of clients and make sure they do not exceed or deceed the required number of interactions.
- Sales Cycle Duration: this features helps in determining the time taken to complete a sales cycle and identify which phase took the most time or which representative is facing difficulties. Using this tool you can recognize the previously mentioned factors and put your efforts in the right direction to create value for the firm.
- Win Rate: This analysis is used to determine the level of performance of different sales representatives. Sales representatives who have more than 70% of win rate are considered to be elite performers and perks are awarded to them accordingly. Employees with win rate of 60-79% are considered top performers, while the human resource whose win rate is less than 60% comes in the last and 80% of the total employees belong to this bracket
Benefits of Using VTiger 7 Sales Insight
Some of the benefits of using this helpful tool are discussed below:
- Determine the employees who are performing exceptionally well and then award them with benefits accordingly
- Identifying human resource which require help as they are not as efficient as other members of sales team. This help in training employee and boasting their confidence by providing necessary support and assistance.
- Improve the amount of time spend on different activities revolving around sales department and smooth line with the overall sales cycle
- Using this tool you can provide better follow-up to your special and valued customers by managing the number of interactions between the client and your representative. It makes your client feel special, hence result in yielding an extra buck from him or her
Improve performance of your sales department with significant margin using this state of the art tool and leave no stone unturned in improving your overall business related activities.