VTiger Items Details Customizer (Advanced) is one of our most utilized extensions due to its’ powerful capabilities while customizing Item details on quote/invoice/order, adding running totals, section headers and most importantly – specifying formulas for each column or total field(s).
Due to increased requests to make Item Details Customizer (Advanced) compatible with reports, filters & allow to import – we added such functionality.
If you are using VTiger 7.x and installed our extension on 7.x – you do not need to take any additional steps – new functionality will work out of the box, however if you are upgrading from VTiger 6.x – you will need to convert item details data to work with our upgraded module, which includes latest functionality.
Here are the steps you need to take to perform the update:
*Note, we assume that your VTiger has already been upgraded to 7.x.
Backup your files & database
First, make sure you have a good backup of your files and database. It is very important to have a good backup in case things don’t go well.
Make sure extension is up to date
Next, make sure you have latest version of VTiger Items Details Customizer (Advanced) installed. If you are not sure, then see how to update VTiger extension to the latest version.
Initiate conversion process
Next, you will need to open a link in browser which will start the conversion. For example, if you VTiger URL is “http://www.mycompany.com/crm/” – then you will need to put this into your browser:
You basically need to add the highlighted section.
Few things to keep in mind:
- You must be logged into VTiger
- Once you run it – allow 5-30 minutes for it to run. It varies based on the database size
- As it runs – there is NO indication of the process – so you just have to be patient.
- If you close it – it should still complete, however we don’t recommend doing that.
- While the process is running – it is likely that you will NOT be able to access VTiger(it will not load). What this means is, that your session will be occupied by this process, however if you open another browser or use another computer – VTiger will work. Only the session/browser that the process is initiated on will not be usable.
Once it completes – you will see a confirmation message. You will then be able to use your VTiger and Item Detail Customizer(Advanced) functionality.
Note, all the formulas/configuration WILL transfer to VTiger 7.0 – you do not need to reconfigure it.
For any questions or help – please send us an email at email@example.com