The current business environment is becoming more competitive with every passing day, but on the other side if we observe most of the new ventures fail to perform operations and go bankrupt even in the first six months of their inauguration. There are multiple reasons behind these failures and some of the prominent explanations to this phenomena include lack of funds, unprofessional behavior, limited resources etc. When we look at the performance of small scale business firms the biggest hurdle they face is limited resources, even with great planning they fail to achieve the desired results because of fund restriction. But the smart professionals incorporate solutions which are cost effective and tweak them as per their needs to get high results. One of such cost-effective tool from which small scale business are benefiting at a large scale is QuickBooks Desktop.
Statistics show that 8 out of 10 new businesses fail within the first three years
What is QuickBooks Desktop? It is a software which performs multiple tasks for a business firm ranging from managing payroll to forecasting inventory. Capabilities of QuickBooks Desktop for small scale business are exceptional and cost-benefit ratio of this package is quite high. We have already introduced you with the QuickBooks, but that was an online variant of the software and today we will guide you about the desktop version of the software. People usually confuse them with each other, but in functionality, both the software’s are quite diversified and serve different purposes.
VTiger 7 and QuickBooks Desktop Integration
The reason behind this integration is to provide our valued customers more liberty to communicate between both the platforms. Using this integration you can automate most of the task between QuickBooks Desktop and VTiger 7 CRM. This integration allows you to synchronize Contacts, Products, Services and Invoices in both directions (From VTiger 7 to QuickBooks Desktop and Vice Versa). Make sure that this integration feature is in relation to QuickBooks Desktop, the process of synchronizing QuickBooks Online is discussed in a separate article.
Differences between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop
People usually mix these two variants of QuickBooks, so I will discuss some of the major differences between the two versions of the software.
- Price Plan: In Online version you have to pay a monthly fee for using their services, while in the desktop version you have to submit an amount up front before using the package and the product is considered to be purchased by you.
- Internet Availability: QuickBooks Online is cloud-based software so it requires an internet connection for working in every situation, while on the other hand Desktop version can be accessed using the computer on which it is installed without any restriction of internet availability.
- Data Security: to make QuickBooks Desktop version safer only one I.D is allowed to access it in contrast to it online version allows 25 users to use an account, but in doing so the integrity and security of the data is compromised
- Customizability: The Desktop version comes with a ton of different customization in comparison to the online variant, which makes it more attractive choice for the business firms.
In short, the overall functionality of QuickBooks Desktop is far greater in comparison to the QuickBooks Online. But online variant offers services which are unique to itself so using it has its own perks.
Insights regarding VTiger 7 CRM and QuickBooks Online Integration
Here I will state some of the insights regarding this integration, make sure to take special care regarding the following points:
- This integration feature is valid for certain editions of VTiger 7 CRM which include Sales Professional and Ultimate Edition
- There are some certain softwares which are required to be installed on your machine prior to initializing this integration procedure. These softwares comprises of QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Web Connector and VTiger CRM on Demand
- Make sure to use a default pathway while installing the QuickBooks on your computer
- Default path in XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users(Shared) Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\Vtiger Inc.qbw
- Default path in Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\Vtiger Inc.qbw
- The entities treated as Contacts in VTiger 7 CRM and handled as Customer in QuickBooks Desktop
- The entities treated as Products in VTiger 7 CRM and handled as Items in QuickBooks Desktop
- The entities treated as Services in VTiger 7 CRM and handled as Items/Services in QuickBooks Desktop
- Invoices are treated in the same way on both the platforms
Using this integration feature between VTiger 7 CRM and QuickBooks Desktop your firm can achieve the excellence with ease. Do not let limited resources to stop the progression of your business and use this cost effective solution to deal with your problems. Especially if you are a small scale business firm this integration feature can do wonders for you, so incorporate QuickBooks Desktop and VTiger 7 in your organization right now and witness unmatched progression.