There are a lot of things that can go wrong when setting up the vTiger Outgoing Email Server – it can be as simple as mistype or as complected as firewall blocking the connection or missing PHP extension. Hopefully the steps below will point you to the right direction while troubleshooting the error you are getting.
- If you are using GMail as your Outgoing Server – follow the guide “Setting up vTiger Outgoing Email Server With GMail“
- Make sure that the username/password and the Server Name is correct. Check your email settings or contact your email provider to verify the email server.
- Verify that your email server does not require SSL connection or any specific port – if it does, add the ssl:// tag or the port using the “GMail as an Outgoing Email Server in vTiger” example.
- If you are using ssl:// tag – make sure SSL PHP Extension is enabled in php.ini
- If you are using specific port – make sure the port is open and not blocked by any firewall
- If you are using “From Email” as a separate email address – try to use the same email as in “Username” – sometimes the email servers only allow sending messages from the user email.