Tally claims that their ERP is being used by more than 1 million people. If you are one of them, then we have a luxury tool for you. Now you can synchronize your Vtiger 7 CRM with Tally, and effortlessly transfer the Ledgers, Stock items, and Sales Vouchers from Tally to Vtiger 7. All of the transferal takes place avoiding any dual entry in both the Vtiger database as well as Tally.
Note! This feature is available in Sales Professional and Ultimate Edition.
First step is to install the Tally connector tool from the Vtiger Marketplace. The procedure is explained below:
- Hover the cursor over Menu icon
- From the Menu, select the Extension Store
- Then search for Tally
- A popup will appear as illustrated in the screenshot above. Press the Install button to begin the process
- Follow the wizard and click OK to finish the installation.
Before syncing data between Vtiger 7 and Tally, you’ll need to:
- Ensure that the currencies of Tally and Vtiger CRM are not different.
- Have the latest version of Java to proceed with the sync phenomenon. You can find and download the latest version of Java here.
Setup and Configuration
Here is the basic guide to configure the Tally in the CRM:
- Start by clicking Tally in the list view of Organization/Product/Invoice module
- Select the modules you wish to sync and the Sync direction i.e. from Vtiger to Tally, Tally to Vtiger, or both ways
- Enter the Tally Company Name
- Submit your Secret Key and select the Base currency of Tally
- Press the Download.vtc file button
- Save your current Settings with the green button below. Upon saving, you’ll receive a confirmation message.
For downloading the .vtc file from Vtiger, the base currency of Tally and Vtiger should be same. For example, if your Tally base currency is in INR, then Vtiger base currency (not My Preferences currency) should also be in INR.
- First of all, you’ll have to download the “VtigerTallyConnector” zip file. Extract the file in the same folder as Tally.
- Next step is to follow this path; conf folder > VtigerTallyConnector.properties file > Set the required values for VTC_File_Path, Tally_Company, Tally_Server and Tally_Port
E.g. VTC_File_Path= C:/vtiger.vtc (the path for your file may look like this if it is placed in C drive).
- It’s time to submit some important information:
- The current working company name of your Tally. Please note that the company name is case sensitive and it should be entered exactly as it is in Tally.
Tally_Company = Vtiger Tally
- Provide the server details and port number. These are the default values for server details:
Tally_Server = http://localhost
Tally_Port = 9000
- Now in Tally software interface, populate the company name you have just configured.
- From the zip file downloaded, copy the two .tdl files (VtigerCheck.tdl and VtigerDateFilter.tdl) to Tally installation folder (C:\Program Files\Tally.ERP9).
- Do the following in your Tally software:
- Under Gateway of Tally, press F12
- Click on Product and Features
- Click F4 (Manage Local TDLs) on the right panel
- Change LoadTDLs on startupto Yes and add tdl and VtigerCheck.tdl to List of TDLs to preload on Tally startup. Click Tab* to save.
The Process of Synchronization
- In Vtiger 7, opt the modules that are to be synced plus the direction of synchronization. Press the Save Settings button to update.
- Open VtigerTallyConnector => bin and run bat to start the sync.
- Upon the completion, a report of the sync will be generated. You can open it from Show Sync Results
1. Vtiger Tally connector also provides the debug tool in case if there are any problems during the sync. You can do so by visiting VtigerTallyConnector > logs > DebugLog.txt file.
2. First sync may take longer than expected depending upon the entries need to be harmonized. Further syncs only update the new and modified records, preventing the dual submissions.
Fields mapping is important as they make sure the safe transfer of information on both sides during the data upgradation process.
Ledgers to Organizations Synchronization
Stock Items to Products Synchronization
Sales Vouchers to Invoices Synchronization