vTiger Menu Manager is menu based on vTiger 5.3 design which was removed in most recent version of vTiger. vTiger Menu Manager allows users to add, remove and move all existing the vTiger menus as well as create new custom menus.
- Mouse over “Gear” icon on the upper/right corner
- Click on “CRM Settings”
- Once page loads, go to “Studio” section and click on “Module Manager”
- Go to “Custom Modules” tab
- Find “OSS Menu Manager” and click on the Hammer
- Once the Settings page loads, click on “General Configuration”
- “Location of bookmarks in menu” – Select where would you want the “Shortcuts” menu to show up. Shortcuts menu will be used for internal and external links.
- “View the bookmark shortcuts” – Either disable or enable “Shortcuts” menu
- “Whether to enable the house/home icon” – Hide or show the house/home icon.
- Once the settings are set, lets open the Menu Manager
- Mouse over the “Gear” icon in the upper/right corner
- Scroll down to “Other Settings” section and click on “Menu Manager”
- To add new menu, just type in the menu name, for example “My Menu” and hit “+” sign. The menu will show up in the list.
- Use arrows to move the menus as well as child items.
- Uncheck the box if you don’t want the link or menu to be displayed.
- Use “X” to delete the menu. Note, you can only delete empty menus(with no child items).
- Hit “Add new url shortcut” to add new shortcut
- “Shortcut url” – The url where the user will be redirected once it’s clicked
- “Shortcut label” – The name of the shortcut url link
- “Sequence” – URL sequence in the shortcut menu
- “Permissions” – Restrict or allow specific profiles to see the url
- The shortcut added in the example below will open gmail(external url)
- Internal url’s are also accepted. Obtain the url of any record or filter in vTiger and place it in the “Shortcut url” field. Note, vTiger urls should not have the domain name, all the urls will start with /index.php?, for example:
- Once shorcut urls are added you can use the menu to access them.
This module overwrites few vTiger core files:
If you will ever want/need to restore the original files, you can find them in: